One of the most important aspects of our vehicles that often gets overlooked is our tires. Tires are the only thing separating a car from the ground, so these crucial pieces of equipment need maintenance and repairs just like the rest of your car. Luckily enough, the service center at Miracle Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram is here to help.
However, how do you know when it’s time to repair your set of wheels? Below, drivers in the Graniteville, Aiken, and Augusta area can read about the warning signs that you need some extra tire care. If you’re experiencing any of them, our team is here waiting to put an end to your “tire repair near me” search.
The Importance of Tire Repair
It’s common knowledge that your vehicle’s tires contribute greatly to where you need to go. When healthy, they provide a smooth drive and offer extra traction to make our commutes safe. However, did you know tires that need repair can affect your performance? Not only can you experience a bumpy ride, problems within your tires can lead to a lower fuel economy. They can also be incredibly unsafe, resulting in blowouts or flats when you least expect.
Making sure your tires receive repairs and maintenance as well as replacing them when needed will ensure your commutes will go off without a hitch.
Five Signs You Need Tire Repair
- Tire Warning Light: Newer vehicles come equipped with a low tire pressure warning system that will let you know when something is wrong with your wheels. Though this indicator can simply be notifying you of low tire pressure, it can also detect larger issues. When this light turns on and does not turn off after adding the correct amount of air, tire repairs may be needed.
- Low Tire Tread: One of the most common causes for needed tire repair is worn treading. Though this can be mitigated through regular tire rotations, it can be exacerbated by driving on rough terrains frequently or simply by old age. If you notice your tires’ treading is low, avoid a possibly dangerous situation and head to an authorized service center.
- Tire Cracks: Can you spot cracks or holes in your tires? If so, a blowout could be right around the corner. This issue could have been caused by hitting a pothole or running over a curb and should be taken care of ASAP.
- Tire Wear: In less extreme cases, you may find one or more of your tires have worn in certain areas. This can happen in the center strip due to over inflation or on the edges from driving on low tires. However, tire wear may also be a sign of something else wrong with your vehicle, so getting into a professional service center quickly is crucial.
- Vibration: If you have been noticing your car is vibrating even on smoothly paved roads, this could be because something is wrong with your tires. Though it might just mean you’re ready for a rotation, it could also be a warning sign of alignment issues. To stop the annoying vibrating, schedule a tire repair appointment to avoid further damage.
Receive Professional Tire Repair at Miracle Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram
Whether it’s time for simple tire maintenance, you need more in-depth repairs, or it’s time for a replacement set, our certified technicians have you covered. Schedule your tire repair appointment today and keep your commutes in the Graniteville, Aiken, and Augusta area smooth and safe.